If you sent your parcel, either domestic or international, using a service with an on-time delivery guarantee and it was delivered late; you may be entitled to a postage refund.
Parcels delivered within Canada
You may be eligible for a refund of postage paid if:
- You shipped your parcel using Priority™, Xpresspost™ or Expedited Parcel™. Parcels shipped using services that don’t have an on-time delivery guarantee, such as Regular Parcel, do not qualify for a refund.
- Your parcel arrived after the guaranteed delivery date. Track your parcel now to ensure the delivery date has passed.
- You are the sender of the parcel. If you are the receiver of the package, contact the sender to start the claim.
- You need to submit your claim within 30 business days of the guaranteed delivery date.
Parcels delivered to U.S or international destinations
Parcels sent internationally must first clear customs. Canada Post and its international partners are not responsible for delays caused by customs.
Before requesting a refund:
- Verify you shipped your parcel using Xpresspost – USA, Xpresspost - International. Packages shipped using services that don’t have an on-time delivery guarantee, such as Expedited Parcel – USA, Tracked Packet™ or Small Packet™, do not qualify for a refund.
- Verify you are eligible for a postage refund.
- Ensure your parcel didn’t have any restrictions that may have caused delays in customs.
- Use Track to confirm tracking status.
- You are the sender of the parcel. If you are the receiver of the package, contact the sender to initiate the claim.
- Track your U.S. parcels with the United States Postal Service.
- Find the website for your destination country's postal service.
- Only the sender of the parcel can request a refund. Senders need a copy of the mailing receipt to request a refund.
- We can’t reimburse for any consequential costs incurred.
Do you still need help?
Please use this form to create a service ticket to report this problem.
Are you a business? Create a business service ticket.