Summary of price and service changes for Direct Marketing and Transaction Mail services and Parcels products
This page provides a central location for information about changes to Canada Post prices and services. Select a link below to get details about the changes.
Direct Marketing and Transaction Mail services
- Direct Marketing and Transaction Mail price and service changes effective Jan. 11, 2016
- Coming soon – New and improved customer guides
Transaction mail and direct marketing services
- Introducing Canada Post Smartmail Marketing and new direct mail names as of September 21, 2015
Unaddressed Admail will become Canada Post Neighbourhood Mail™ because it allows marketers to target, reach and activate groups of consumers based on where they live.
Addressed Admail will become Canada Post Personalized Mail™ to better reflect that the mail piece is meant specifically for the individual.
- Changes Effective July 31, 2015
Reminder for all addressed mail services
- Discontinuation of Lettertainers as a container option
- 2D barcode indicia (RPG) mandatory for Return to Sender option
- Neighbourhood Mail™ (Unaddressed Admail™) step-by-step instructions for the preparation of Partial Mailings when using EST online or when using EST 2.0
- Price and Service Changes Effective March 30, 2015
New for all services
- Enhanced Electronic Shipping Tools (EST) Order validation
- Machineable Mini-catalogue option available in EST
- Return to Sender option (RPG) available in EST
- Mixed Method of Payment option discontinued in EST
- Increased height of the container label
- International Incentive Letter-post price changes effective Jan. 12, 2015
- Barcode Label Quality and Incorrect Addressing for Parcels effective July 2015
- Shipping Lithium Batteries – Notice to Commercial Customers effective June 30, 2015
- Parcel service price and service changes effective Jan. 12, 2015
2015 price sheets
2016 price sheets
2015 customer guides
2016 customer guides
Customer Guides and other online documents are being redesigned so it’s easier to understand and use our services. The content, presented in modules, will take you through the steps required to prepare your mailing. These modules are: Service Overview, Pricing, Designing, Preparing, Creating an Order, Depositing, and Paying & Terms.
On November 20, 2015, all redesigned Customer Guides and key support documents will be available here.