How do I transfer money with MoneyGram?
Use MoneyGram to send money to individuals in Canada or around the world. Buy your MoneyGram in person at any post office across Canada.
To transfer money, follow these steps:
- Before you buy, get an estimate of how much the money transfer will cost. The fee is based on the amount you are sending and the destination.
- Go to your closest post office to buy a MoneyGram. What to bring:
- Cash or debit to pay for the transfer.
- Government-issued photo identification, such as a passport or driver’s licence.
- Proof of your address. This can be your driver’s licence or addressed mail.
- Complete the MoneyGram order form. You will be provided this at the post office. Ensure that the recipient’s name on the form is exactly the same as the name on the recipient’s ID. For example, John D. Smith is NOT the same as John David Smith.
- Contact the person you are sending money to and give them your MoneyGram reference number.
Note: you cannot buy a MoneyGram with a credit card.