The Canada Post Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards
What are the Canada Post Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards?
The Canada Post Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards celebrate the hard work and determination of individuals of Aboriginal heritage who have embraced a renewed pursuit of learning. The awards are open to all Aboriginal Canadians who have been out of school for at least one year, who have since decided to return to an educational system, and who have been back at school for at least one full year.
The Canada Post Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards are granted annually to select applicants from across the country, and recipients are awarded $1,000 in recognition for their efforts. These awards are just one way Canada Post celebrates diversity and proudly shows its commitment to making a difference in our communities.
How to apply
- Write an essay which details your efforts to get an education. We want to know what challenges you’ve faced in order to pursue an education. If you’re applying for this award, you’ve been out of school for one year (or more) and then returned. Tell us why you were out of school - were there any specific challenges at the time? What was life like during those years? We’d like to hear why you returned to school too; what made you decide to continue your education? Are there any extraordinary challenges this time around and, if so, how are you dealing with those challenges? How has your life changed since you returned to school, and what are your next steps? Note that essays should be typed, double-spaced on letter-sized stationery, and no more than five pages long.
- Complete an application form by August 31, 2017, and send it in one of four ways:
1. ONLINE www.GoToApply.ca/CanadaPost
2. EMAIL CanadaPost@GoToApply.ca
3. MAIL Canada Post Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards c/o Aboriginal Link, PO Box 50058, 17-2575 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB R2V 4W3
4. FAX 1-866-458-1025
Remember to include your essay, school transcripts or school letter confirming you’ve completed one year of studies between January 2016 and August 2017, and a clear photocopy of your membership card or an official letter from a community member confirming that you are an Aboriginal Canadian. Note that an incomplete application form and/or application package may result in ineligibility for these awards.