Discover your career as a Letter Carrier
- Are you an enthusiastic individual who enjoys the outdoors and its challenges?
- Do you take pride in serving the community and willing to be an ambassador for the company?
- Do you enjoy physical activity?
Becoming a Letter Carrier may be just what you're looking for!
- The satisfaction of a job well done - You'll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
- A strong community of employees - Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customer's changing needs
- Potential for permanent opportunities
- An attractive compensation package
To be considered, you need:
- Secondary School or provincial equivalent (GED)
- A valid permanent provincial Driver’s Licence
- A 3 year satisfactory safe driving record (Driver’s abstract)
- Experience working with the public
- To be able to meet time schedules, carry a satchel loaded up to 15.9 kilos (35 lbs), handle mail items up to 22.7 kilos (50 lbs), walk and climb stairs to deliver mail in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions for long periods of time
- Proficiency in maintaining records, preparing routine reports, organizing material
- Exceptional customer service skills
- To pass pre-employment assessments including interview, security screening, physical abilities assessment, and a vision and road assessment
- To successfully complete a training program and pass training tests
Discover your career as a Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (RSMC)
- Do you value flexibility and autonomy in your work?
- Would you like an important role in keeping rural and suburban-area Canadians connected by providing them with their daily mail service?
Becoming a RSMC may be just what you’re looking for!
- Flexible work hours, with the ability to create your own schedule.
- Be valued as an employee, and rewarded appropriately for your work.
- An attractive compensation package, which includes:
- Vehicle expense reimbursement and boot allowance
- Three weeks annual paid vacation leave and two days of paid personal leave per calendar year
- Dental, vision and hearing care plans
- Access to one of the best pension plans in Canada
To be considered, you need:
- Experience driving, making deliveries, dealing with the public, processing documents, and handling cash transactions.
- Your own vehicle that meets Canada Post’s specifications, a permanent valid provincial driver’s licence for two years, and a safe driving record in accordance with Canada Post’s requirements.
- Be able to obtain a certificate of the required automobile insurance with at least $1,000,000 liability coverage
- Be able to hire a replacement to cover your route during your absence if requested.
- Be able to perform physical work that might include lifting up to 30 kilograms (66 lbs) in all types of weather conditions.
- Complete the security screening process and obtain reliability status.