Conveniently access government services at Canada Post outlets
Pick up Canada Revenue Agency forms
Pick up passport application forms
Get student loan applications reviewed
Purchase Migratory Bird Hunting Permit
A range of government services close to home.
Your local post office offers the following forms, plus review and verification services.
- Canada Revenue Agency tax forms and guides.
- Passport applications.
- Student loan and grant applications verified including validation of student ID at a designated post office.
- Migratory Bird Hunting Permits.
Pick up a free passport application at any Canada Post outlet.
- Passport application forms are free and easy to find.
- Available at more than 6,300 post offices.
For information on passport applications, visit Passport Canada for additional details.
Student loan and grant applications
Are you attending university or college? Bring in your completed student loan or grant application forms. At select Canada Post outlets, you can come in and have your applications verified and sent for processing.
- We can receive student loan and grant applications throughout the year.
- We will review your applications for accuracy and completeness.
- We will validate your ID and Social Insurance Number (SIN) against the loan/grant document.
- This service is free of charge.
Types of application programs
- Certificate of Eligibility and Canada Student Loan Agreement
- Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA)
- Alberta Student Loan Agreement
- Alberta (MSFAA)
What you should bring
- Completed loan or grant application
- Social Insurance Number card or confirmation letter
- Void cheque or complete the financial information in the form
Find a designated post office that offers student loan and grant review service.
Learn more about Student loans and Grants.
Migratory Bird Hunting Permits
Come to any Canada Post location and get your Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permit (MGBH). To hunt migratory game birds in Canada, you need a valid federal Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permit with a Canadian Wildlife Habitat Conservation stamp. The fee for each permit is $17.
The permits are sold from August 1 to June 30 of the following year. For 2014, the hunting season is from August 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015. When you purchase a MGBH Permit you will receive a hunting regulation summary.
For more information on the Migratory Bird Convention Act and Regulations, visit Environment Canada.
If you have any questions about the availability of the Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permits at Canada Post, contact Canada Post customer service at 1-866-607-6301.
Canadian Wildlife Habitat Conservation Stamp products are now being sold through Wildlife Habitat Canada (WHC). To place an order visit www.whc.org, call toll free: 1-800-669-7919 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some postal locations are open evening and weekends.
You don’t have to travel or wait in line at municipal offices, simply visit your local post office.