Government Services

Conveniently access government services at Canada Post outlets

Find a post officeGet started

  • Tax Forms

    Pick up Canada Revenue Agency forms

  • Passport Application

    Fill out and verify passport application

  • Student Loans

    Get student loan applications reviewed

  • Hunting Permit

    Purchase Migratory Bird Hunting Permit

  • A range of government services close to home.

Your local post office offers the following forms, plus review and verification services.

  • Canada Revenue Agency tax forms and guides. 
  • Passport applications and a review service at select locations.
  • Student loan and grant applications verified including validation of student ID at a designated post office.
  • Migratory Bird Hunting Permits.

Passport applications

Pick up a free passport application at any Canada Post outlet.  At select locations, we offer the additional service to review your application and supporting documentation. The service is $20 for the verification and mailing cost (in addition to passport fees).

  • Passport application forms are free and easy to find.
  • Available at more than 6,300 post offices.
  • Select locations offer passport application review service for an additional fee of $20, plus passport application fees.

How the passport review service works

  • For an additional fee of $20 at select locations we can review your passport application and supporting documents.
  • We accept your passport application fee payment on behalf of Passport Canada.
  • We mail your application to Passport Canada.
  • Passport Canada processes your application.
  • Your passport is mailed back to you through Canada Post.

What you should bring to the passport review service

  • Your completed passport application package.
  • DEC (Documentary Evidence of Citizenship).
  • Supplementary government ID.
  • Two passport pictures.
  • For more information, visit Passport Canada.

For more information, visit your local Post Office, or visit the nearest Post Office with the passport review service.

For information on passport applications, visit Passport Canada for additional details.

Student loan and grant applications

Are you attending university or college? Bring in your completed student loan or grant application forms. At select Canada Post outlets, you can come in and have your applications verified and sent for processing.

  • We can receive student loan and grant applications throughout the year.
  • We will review your applications for accuracy and completeness.
  • We will validate your ID and Social Insurance Number (SIN) against the loan/grant document.
  • This service is free of charge.

Types of application programs

  • Certificate of Eligibility and Canada Student Loan Agreement
  • Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA)
  • Alberta Student Loan Agreement
  • Alberta (MSFAA)

What you should bring

  • Completed loan or grant application
  • Identification
  • Social Insurance Number card or confirmation letter
  • Void cheque or complete the financial information in the form

Find a designated post office that offers student loan and grant review service.  

Learn more about Student loans and Grants.

Migratory Bird Hunting Permits

Come to any Canada Post location and get your Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permit (MGBH). To hunt migratory game birds in Canada, you need a valid federal Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permit with a Canadian Wildlife Habitat Conservation stamp. The fee for each permit is $17.

The permits are sold from August 1 to June 30 of the following year. For 2014, the hunting season is from August 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015.  When you purchase a MGBH Permit you will receive a hunting regulation summary.

For more information on the Migratory Bird Convention Act and Regulations, visit Environment Canada.

If you have any questions about the availability of the Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permits at Canada Post, contact Canada Post customer service at 1-866-607-6301.

Canadian Wildlife Habitat Conservation Stamp products are now being sold through Wildlife Habitat Canada (WHC). To place an order visit, call toll free: 1-800-669-7919 or email:

  • Convenient

    Some postal locations are open evening and weekends.

  • Close by

    You don’t have to travel or wait in line at municipal offices, simply visit your local post office.