Postage: Stamps and meters
Build savings into the right postage mix for your business with stamps, postage meters and indicia.
Drop stamped mail in any letter box
Flexible postage that saves you money
Print labels; pay for parcel shipments using your Supplier Account
Customize and promote your brand
Your best business postage options now come with savings.
Find the right mix of postage options at the right price
For everyday business mail or large-scale mailings, there’s a postage choice to meet your needs.
Choose from convenient rolls of stamps, decorative stamp sheet issues that help recipients take notice of your business correspondence, or a single stamp. Give your mail the welcome look and feel of a personal letter when you use stamps.
Affix your stamp and drop your mail in any one of almost 900,000 mailboxes in Canada.
- Stamps are associated with the personal mail that people are excited to receive.
- Shows your customers and donors that they are valued individuals.
- Choose from stamp images that resonate with your recipients.
The price of a stamp depends on a letter’s weight, dimensions and destination. Calculate your postage rate for a letter.
Standard letters and postcards (0 – 30 g)
|Booklet or roll||$0.85|
|Booklet or roll||$1.20|
|Booklet or roll||$2.50|
|Booklet or roll||$0.85||$1.20||$2.50|
How to buy
You get up to 20% discount combined with the most flexible postage options for a business. Print exact postage for letters, parcels* and even Canada Post Personalized Mail™ (formerly Addressed Admail™) right in your office. Postage meters are the quickest and easiest way for businesses to send mail, while enjoying a discount on postage for letters.
* The use of meter impressions on manual parcel orders (bills of lading and manifests) will be discontinued effective January 11, 2016. Meter as a method of payment in Electronic Shipping Tools EST will be discontinued July 1, 2016. Please see Supplier Account below for a new method of payment.
Convenient and flexible
- From basic machines to sophisticated printers, meters give you postage on demand 24/7.
- Businesses can print postage for letters, invoices and Personalized Mail™.
- Drop your standard LettermailTM in one of our more than 4.2 million group mailboxes, community mailboxes or kiosks.
- Easy to reload — do it online or call your meter supplier.
Save money and control costs
- Enjoy discounts of up to 20% when you use metered postage, compared to single stamps.
- No more guesswork. Save by paying exact postage every time based on declaration.
- Ideal for tracking, cost control and cost-centre accounting.
Save up to 20% on postage for letters and cards when you use a postage meter. Postage prices depend on an item’s dimensions, weight and destination.
Standard letters (0 – 30 g)
See all rates in the postage price guide.
How to rent
There are 3 postage meter suppliers in Canada. You can choose from machines capable of handling anything from plain postage to letter and envelope addressing, printing, sorting, folding and insertion.
Supplier Account is a new way for meter customers to pay for parcel shipments. Supplier Account accesses payments from the same account you use to fill your postage meter. Instead of applying a meter impression you will create a shipping label using Electronic Shipping Tools (EST) or other approved shipping platforms. Learn more about Canada Post Electronic Shipping Tools.
Simplify shipping and get shipping insights
Take advantage of these benefits using Supplier Account:
- Continue to leverage your meter supplier relationship, support and benefits.
- Eliminate the need to print and apply meter impressions on parcels.
- Track your parcels with standard shipping labels.
- Receive transaction-level data for parcels on your supplier statement.
- Access Solutions for Small Business discounts, if applicable.
Get more details about how to get started using Supplier Account
Get postage savings and customize your indicia to promote your businesses’ key marketing messages. Indicia is a budget-friendly business proof of postage that can be customized to create eye-catching mail pieces. Get your indicia printed on envelopes and cards at the printer’s or print your own labels for smaller or last minute mailings.
Looking for stamp prices for personal use? Find a rate.
Save money and time
- Save up to 20% on postage costs with indicia.
- No more time spent sticking on stamps and labels when indicia are preprinted on your envelopes.
- DIY — Use our free, online templates to create regular or customized indicia.
- Pay for postage on account and by credit card.
Customize your design for greater impact
- Highlight your company’s brand, products or services in the postage area of your envelope or card.
- Customize the indicia area for individual marketing or fundraising campaigns.
See all rates in the postage price guide.
How to order
You can create and mail with your customized indicia in 5 easy steps, using your Canada Post business customer number.
Learn how to work with customized indicia.
Unique postage in 3 easy steps
Download a template. Design customized indicia. Print it.
Save up to 20% on postage
Businesses that use postage meters and postal indicia keep mailing costs down.